Thursday, June 3, 2010

Getting ready

So last night I had a busy night...making jewellery of course.  My parent's are having a garage sale on Saturday and I thought I would set up a table with my stuff....small time I know but hey, you gotta start somewhere!

I worked on some pieces that I've been meaning to try to a while, still have to perfect my technique, or lack thereof...lol.  Just going with the flow right now, it is all trial and error at this point in the game.  There are so many designs I would love to try but just don't have the tools yet.

It is amazing how many sources of inspiration are available.  From catalogues to magazines and websites, there are so many talented people out there that make some gorgeous stuff.  How they sell some of these pieces for such a cheap price boggles my mind.  For the prices I am selling for right now it barely covers the cost of supplies.

I'm currently taking a metalsmithing course at the Mississauga Living Arts Centre on Monday nights.  Great time so far.  I've made a sterling silver ring with a one-of-a-kind design.  Will post a photo.  Also created a pendant out of wax and it has been sent to the "lost wax cast place" (whatever you call it) to be cast in sterling.  Can't wait to see it on Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment